Thursday, August 25, 2011

Modelling WIP03 - Environment and Aurora

Environment Model: Had a bit of fun playing around with the shapes and form of the environment. I mainly used the clay tube tool, a brush which can quickly get volume on the form of the mesh which I learnt from the Pixologic ZBrush tutorial video from Simon Blanc tutorial. I also added the twist deformation to these mesh to add a little bit of interest to the form. Most likely will need to retopology the mesh as you can see the vertices are at really obscured but it's a quick rough. I'm in favour of No.1 and No.2 but it may change depending on how well the scene holds up with my characters in place.





Aurora Model: Added further details of the Aurora construction carrier model. Played around with the air pressure container which sits on the body of Aurora. I wanted to have an organic look resembling a cell shape with open holes. To get this form I used ZBrush, one of my favourite 3D application and can be addictive when I jump on it. ZSphere was used for No.1 and No.2, with No.3 I masked an oval shape and extracted a surface from the body in the layer tool box. I still need more work to refine the form but I think it's getting there. Currently I need to find a quicker way to redefine the mesh so that I can lower the poly count. As with the mechanical form probably need more parts to make it look more dense and cool looking.

Fig.1: Aurora air pressure container design.

Fig.2: Aurora air pressure container construction in ZBrush with masking technique.