Thursday, August 25, 2011

Modelling WIP02 - Dark Crawler

Dark Crawler: Originally I wanted to find the fasted possible way of creating Dark Crawler and hence I started out creating the base form in ZBrush with ZSphere. Somehow along the way, my mind change and thought it would probably be best to create a base mesh from Maya and then import it into ZBrush for sculpting. With this method I won't have to worry too much about remodelling the character with the correct typology. The lazy smart way so to speak, but while working on it I was constantly concern about the edge flow which really limited my creativity. Not satisfied with the final result of this Dark Crawler concept and will be scrapping it for another concept. ZBrush works wonderfully well with organic forms and it is most likely that I will let go of the worrying about the typology issues and go crazy with my concept in my next attempt.


Fig.1: Base mesh created in ZBrush with ZSphere.

 Fig.2: Base mesh created in Maya with clean edge flow and sculpted and painted in ZBrush.