Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Modelling WIP01 - Zoie and Aurora

I've started the modelling process and i currently a working in progress. Still a long way to go.


Zoie Model: I guess I don't have to outline which design I went for from Zoie's concept design illustration. I have been doing more hard surface and comical character modeling in the past and this is my first attempt at doing something that is more in line with correct human proportion. To start off building this character from the ground up, I looked at a lot of modelling tutorials so that I can get a better understanding of clean edge flow. The model still needs a lot of detailing which will be imported into ZBrush. The next biggest challenge will be the hair. How this will be done still requires more research and experimenting.

Learning reference materials:

Joan of Arch tutorial by Michel Roger (though it's Max stuff but the principle is the same)
Creative Essence: The Face book by Paul Fedor, Peter Levius, Hong Suck Suh, Matt Hartle, Mark Snoswell, Steven Stahlberg.
Gnomon DVD Digital Sculpting Human Anatomy tutorial by Zack Petro
ZBrush Digital Sculpting Human Anatomy by Scott Spencer





Aurora Model: Aurora was supose to be a giant construction aircraft carrier but from the concept illustration I've change this into a giant mechanical land moving vehicle to give it character. I'm building on my Kit Bashing model as I go along and putting the pieces together.