Monday, August 15, 2011

JUST IN CASE I FORGET NOTES 01

Wish I have a photographic memory of eveything I do, but I don't so I'm putting random notes to remind myself.


KIT BASHING: A library of model objects.

NORMALS: When the shade of the polys turns black even if the normals are facing the right direction, go to Normals >> Set to face.

ADDING SHELF BUTTON: (Windows and Mac OS X) Hold CTRL + SHIFT and click the menu item.

WIRE FRAME RENDERING IN MENTAL RAY
1. Assign a shader to your polygon object.

2. In the Attribute Editor of the shader go to the shading group(SG). Mental Ray >> Contours check Enable Contour Rendering.

3. Set the Width to 0.4

4. In the Render Setting Window go to the Features tab and then Contour section.

5. Enable Contour Rendering and set the Over sample value to 5, Filter Type to Gaussian Filter and Filter Support to value 2.

6. Draw by property difference section (below the Contour section) and enable Around All Poly Faces checkbox.

7. Render scene.